By Alan Coleman on 27 Jan 2016
2015 saw Irish e-commerce merchants enjoy 45% growth in online revenue; 9 times the rate of growth in the economy at large.
Our latest study analyses Irish e-commerce performance in 2015 compared to 2014 and takes a particularly close look at Q4 2015.
Often dubbed 'The Golden Quarter', Q4 is make or break for retailers. With retailers and consumers mutually embracing Black Friday this year, the figures around this period are revealing.
Some of the key takeaway points from the study include:
- Traffic to e-commerce websites grew by 27% year on year
- Mobile has overtaken desktop as the most popular device for e-commerce traffic
- Both the number of transactions and average order value increased in 2015
- Email acts as a top source of traffic for the top e-commerce sites
- Black Friday revenue increased 116% on last year's figure